Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2009 Christmas decorations

Every year I try to do something different decoration wise. Different colors, a new tree, new decorations. This year the color scheme ended up being brown and blue with an accent of gold. The blue ended up being teal but I really like it. The tree its self turned out elegant with a touch of whimsy and fun.


Of course this is mainly how the tree looks with all the bows and ribbons tucked up and out of Graham's reach. The bottom has a few decorations which spend most of their time decorating the floor around the tree. I am however glad that Graham is so enjoying his first Christmas tree.

The center piece I think turned out amazing. I did all white flowers with a few pieces of greenery. The gold sprigs added a bit of whimsy to both the flower arrangement as well as the tree. I took dried mesquite tree branches and spray painted them teal to tie in with the colors on the tree and did a chocolate table cloth. Hanging candles were added to the branches. It looked just amazing. The best part is I did not manage to burn the house down with them which was a bit of a concern.



No comments:

Post a Comment