Sunday, March 7, 2010

Certifiably CraZy






So its a self diagnosed issue but I am afraid it is true. I am certifiably crazy and my husband might be as well. In the last year we have had our first baby, a major career change, and oh we bought a 2800 square foot salon and spa in the middle of a recession.
I have wanted to own my own salon since well since I became a hairdresser so for 18 years. I knew it was something I would do eventually. When I got pregnant with Graham I decided I needed to make a change and ended up going to booth rental. The salon I went to was Casas Adobes Salon and Spa. The location was great. I loved the space and I thought the layout of the salon was great. Of course in my mind I was always thinking of what changes I would make if I owned it how I would rearrange, what colors I would use, and so on. In November Rita the lady who owned it approached me about buying it and as it turns out it was something I couldn't turn down. It took months and months to get all the details worked.
February 8th was the day we officially took over. First thing I did was move all the furniture and clean. Then we started with the painting and restyling. We have spent a lot of time painting, cleaning, and working on the design. I am loving it. Its an unbelievable amount of work and responsibility. I love the way the changes are coming along but the process has been slow. I have to remind myself Rome wasn't built in a day. As my to do list gets longer and longer even as I cross things off its official I am a salon owner. Luckily I have lots of help with my crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment